Deadline: December 4, 2022
Applications are open for the Jim Leech Foundation Mastercard Entrepreneurship Fellowship 2023-2024. The Jim Leech Foundation Mastercard Entrepreneurship Scholarship gives African students and recent graduates the opportunity to access training, resources, financial support and a network of mentors to develop their entrepreneurial skills and start creating their own. own company.
The 8-month program develops the exceptional entrepreneurial skills and mindset of leaders to generate social and financial impact. The Jim Leech Foundation Mastercard Scholarship gives you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build an impactful startup. For African students and recent graduates eager to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life, the program is divided into three online courses where you will learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, receive virtual coaching, develop your own business idea and demonstrate your commitment to move on to the next course.
Top notch training
- Business bootcamp led by Queen’s University professors and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship Framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Coaching and mastery of the pitch
- Live workshops on marketing, goal setting and recruiting are held throughout the program
- Opportunity to earn micro-credentials in entrepreneurship awarded by Queen’s University for successful course completion
Mentoring and Networking
- Liaise with mentors and speakers at the forefront of North American innovation and entrepreneurship
- Access a global network of former Queen’s entrepreneurs
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent graduates from across Africa
- Fellows are matched with industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program
- Get feedback at startup milestones
Financial support and opportunities
- Up to 60 scholarship recipients will be selected in the final round to receive a $500 CAD stipend
- Opportunities to pitch for prizes of up to $15,000 CAD in the pitch competition at the end of the program
- Opportunities to travel to Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Center to make lasting connections that will help drive your business forward
- They are committed to removing barriers to entrepreneurship and making the program accessible to as many people as possible. They constantly iterate and improve courses in response to user needs.
- They accept students and recent graduates from all academic disciplines and from any African post-secondary institution. Whether you’re already working on a business or looking to start something new, they can help.
- They are looking for participants who are committed to developing their entrepreneurial spirit and taking advantage of the resources made available to them to develop their own business. The program is delivered virtually and can be completed at any pace, but the most committed participants will dedicate at least 10 hours per week. In order to progress through the phases of the program, participants will submit their assignments online, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Program content is delivered in English. Mentoring can be offered in English and French. Assignments and presentations must be completed in English. Potential scholarship recipients unable to speak or write English are always encouraged to apply and team up with someone who can meet all program requirements in English. Potential scholarship recipients can also work with their local university to develop a strategy for accessing university resources that will help them meet the language proficiency challenge.
Applications are due December 4, 2022 at midnight your local time.
- Phase 1 – Exploring entrepreneurship January 2023 – February 2023
- Phase 2 – Ignite Entrepreneurship March 2023 – April 2023
- Phase 3 – Entrepreneurship Launch May 2023 – August 2023
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
#Jim #Leech #Mastercard #Foundation #Fellowship #Entrepreneurship #Opportunity #Desk