LONDON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Citi today announced it will donate more than $10 million to support education-focused nonprofits as part of its 2022th Campaign for Education, the annual amount the highest since the launch of the initiative.
With this donation, the campaign is expected to contribute more than $66 million in total since its inception in 2013 and has helped nonprofits support more than one million young people.
Citi Markets donates a percentage of trade revenue traded electronically during the eight-week campaign from September to October.
“As we reach a key milestone in this campaign, we wholeheartedly support the efforts of our nonprofit partners to help young people unlock their talent through the power of education. Their dedication is truly an inspiration to all of us,” said Stuart Staley, Global Head of CitiFX.
Malala Yousafzai, Co-Founder and Chair of the Board of Malala Fund, said, “Our Malala Fund team is so grateful to have partners like Citi who see the power of girls, invest in their education and stay engaged. year after year through the e for education campaign to build a more equal future for all of us. With support from Citi, Malala Fund has reached millions of students through our girls’ education projects, and I can’t wait to see the world these young women will create.
Education-focused nonprofit organizations fight childhood illiteracy and improve access to quality education.
Since its launch in 2013, the campaign has accumulated:
Supporting over a million young people
Helped over 37,000 schools
Covered over 85 countries.
Further information can be found at: https://www.citifx.com/e4e/
Citi’s first e for education campaign debuted at FX in 2013 and the campaign has expanded to all of Citi’s e-commerce businesses.
Citi works with 10 nonprofit partners around the world who support the right to education for all children.
Partners 2022 (alphabetical order):
- Asian University for Women – A fully independent regional institution dedicated to empowering women from Asia’s most marginalized communities through female education and leadership development
- Civic builders – Develops public school buildings in historically underfunded communities
- drop the label – A leading youth charity, which runs a digital support platform that provides advice and support to young people facing a wide range of issues, including bullying and mental health
- Empower – Supports young people marginalized in education in emerging countries
- Fallen Patriots – Educates children who have lost a parent in the US military
- Malala Fund – Breaks down the barriers that keep more than 130 million girls around the world from going to school
- pencils of promise – A non-profit organization whose goal is to remove barriers and support access to quality education in Laos, Guatemala and Ghana
- Place2Be – A children’s mental health charity with over 25 years’ experience of providing mental health support to pupils, families and staff in UK schools
- reach the world – Brings the benefits of travel to classrooms through virtual exchanges, inspiring young people to become more curious and confident global citizens
- bedroom to read – Create a world free of illiteracy and gender inequality
- teach first – A charity that offers a range of school leadership programs to support teachers, leaders and schools facing the greatest challenges, serving the most disadvantaged communities
- Teaching for all – A global network of organizations working to ensure that all children have the education, support and opportunities they need to fulfill their potential
- Uncommon schools – Starts and manages K-12 public charter schools that prepare students from low-income backgrounds for college and beyond
Citi is a leading banking partner for institutions with cross-border needs, a global leader in wealth management, and a popular personal bank in its home market, the United States. Citi does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions, providing businesses, governments, investors, institutions and individuals with a wide range of financial products and services.
Additional information can be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
#Citi #Markets #donate #million #educationfocused #nonprofits